Earth Day is Sunday and so many people ask me what they can do to celebrate. Here are some ideas:
- Visit your favorite park, take a hike, pick up trash. Stay on trails and pack out what you pack in.
- Make an extra effort to recycle & compost. Not all of the trash you find is trash; check to see if it is recyclable.
- For your children, or yourself, turn some of your household recyclables into pieces art. Egg cartons and paint go together really well.
- Minimize use of paper.
- As you shop, remember to take your reusable bags.
- Take the delicious restaurant leftovers home by taking your container to a restaurant. You will be pleasantly surprised by how much restaurants and understand and will appreciate this gesture.
- Most of all, get outside and enjoy the beauty around you.
We are a proud business partner of Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics. It’s leave No Trash Campaign started today. Post your Earth Day photos or leave a comment below.